neglecting my chores

Today when I should have been doing laundry and dishes...I made a skirt instead!
I've wanted to try recon sewing for a while now and I thought a reconstructed jean skirt was a good entry into this realm. :)
A pair of not-so-great-fitting jeans+a-pretty-scarf-that-never-looked-right-on-me=A funky skirt!
I like it!
I combined THIS tutorial with THIS one... and was totally inspired by Alicia's tweets about recon sewing and her own skirt! :)
AND by my dear friend Dorina's newest post on her blog...
I'm trying patchy jeans next! :) or maybe a patchy skirt! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Krysta! I love this skirt. You are so freaking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your skirt turned out really well! Isn't it fun using stuff that would have normally been given away, to make something fabulous!!! I am so glad God gave humans creativity! Things would be really boring without it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.